Walmart Healthy Food Option with Low PriceWalmart is a Wolds largest American multinational retail company with large discount departmental stores and warehouse stores. They provide healthier food with affordable price to their customers. The company was joined by first lady Michelle Obama. She gives her status on one occasion is "The largest corporation in America is launching a new initiative that has the potential to transform the marketplace and to help American families put healthier food on their tables."
They receive approximately 140 millions of customer per week. It is not only grocery seller but also a leading supplier of food products. They sell unhealthy food after modifying them into a healthy form. They reduce their price as much as they able to do on fresh items. They had more focus on lunch meats, fruit juices and salad etc.
Walmart had taken a big step towards the healthy lives. It is included in slower five year plan with provide product to their customer with better taste, quality and flavor. And in this plan including major five programs,
- Reformulating thousands of everyday packaged food items by 2015: For making products healthier they reduce 25% sodium and 10% sugar in products like sauces, fruit drinks, or dairy items. Trans-fatty acids and hydrogenated oils can also be removed from the packaged food by 2015. And they want to serve naturally products who improve healthiness.
- Making healthier choices more affordable: Customers save approximately $1 billion per year with reduce their unnecessary cost sourcing, pricing, and transportation with taking more fresh fruits and vegetables. They provide with very low rate.
- Developing strong criteria for a simple front-of-package seal: That helps to customers for identify truly healthier fresh items like grains, wheat and also fruits.
- Providing solutions to address food deserts by building stores: There is also a fresh and affordable grocery items.
- Increasing charitable support for nutrition programs: They provide also about healthier food solutions and choices.