How to Request My Past Year IRS Tax Return Online - Internal Revenue ServiceTax payers do need copies of their tax returns of the previous years. If these documents can be available online on request, then it is a great relief. One can request for the copies of previous year tax returns filed online at the IRS website. The online service provides for 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ in 2008 to 2010, W2 during 2003 till 2010, 1099s during 2003 till 2010.
The documents 1040EZ and W2 are available to a taxpayer as well as to the spouse or both as needed. To make online request is very easy process and hardly takes few minutes. You get immediate response and documents are delivered online. If immediate online delivery is not possible, then if you have filed before 4:00 pm then you will get the tax documents by 6:00 pm.
About Internal Revenue ServiceThe Internal Revenue Service, IRS is a bureau of the Department of the Treasury in the United States. It provides revenue service of the United States federal government as directed by the Commissioner of Internal Revenue. IRS does the interpretation of the internal revenue Code and enforces it. IRS.com is very trusted website that helps you with tax information, lets you file tax returns and you can request for past tax return documents with it.
How Can You Request Copies of Your Past Tax Returns with the IRS?Requirements
- You must have a computer with an access to the internet.
- You must ensure that the tax documents you are requesting are filed with the IRS.
- Visit the website of the Internal Revenue Service at http://www.irs.com.
- Click on the “Needs Copies of Past Tax Returns?”
- Click on the “Start New Request”.
- Read the instructions displayed and click on “Next”.
- Click on “Create New” for a new request, otherwise or “Edit Existing” to edit the request you have already created.
- Enter your email address and choose an appropriate password for your request, then click on “Next”.
- Select the time and the type of the tax return you want to request, and provide your personal details and social security number.
- Click on “Submit” button to complete your online request.
- To get the basic information about the IRS online request , you can visit the website: